As I look back upon 2011, all I can really say is WOW. It’s truly been quite a blessing, a very fortunate year with all the valuable projects, fabulous people, delightful travels, and other activities that transpired this past year. Here are a few highlights listed below, in no particular order:
- Planned, coordinated, and led a 2-day innovation workshop with Citrix Labs at our new Product Design Collaboration Studio.
- Co-planned and led discussions for a couple internal Mobile Summits, with a deeper analysis of what exactly is "mobile UX" and how to fold that thinking into our practice.
- Concepted, designed, and delivered the visual and interaction designs for a new feature of Citrix Receiver / XenApp that allows you to interact directly with Windows 7 as a re-skinned iOS "app" using iOS UI conventions to feel more native, natural for iPad users.
- Contributed to the beautiful evolution of Citrix Receiver achieving greater levels of multi-device and cross-platform cohesiveness. More on this will be discussed at my SxSW 2012…stay tuned! ;-)
- Participated in various "design thinking" workshops, from Stanford d.school, Luma Institute, Kaiser Innovation, and Lime Design. I described some of the common shared qualities here.
- Lots of UX Community outreach: Spoke at Citrix Online in Santa Barbara on "beauty as a quality of UX", submitted a paper to HCI International on "design + engineering relationships", presented at Hacker Dojo on "how to work with a designer", also spoke at Silicon Valley Codecamp on a couple topics (UI design fundamentals, partnering with a designer).
- Tons of travel as usual… Boulder for IxDA’11, beaches at Maui, urban dining in WashDC/NYC, finally toured Hollywood/SoCal, office visit in Bangalore (re-visit), Las Vegas (back after 4 yrs), and Barcelona + Zurich for Thanksgiving. Whew!