Whew, what an amazingly hectic and crazily productive year it’s been! And again, I’m feeling truly blessed and fortunate to have had some incredible opportunities with a fantastic team to work on futuristic concepts, speak internationally, and interact with design students. Here’s a brief roundup of some big things I’ve accomplished this year while at Citrix as Principal Designer:
- Spoke at SxSW in Austin about designing for multitouch devices in the enterprise space. Also spoke at UX Australia about an effective collaboration model (dubbed “3-in-a-box”) based upon Citrix team success.
- Continued championing good design practices and principles at annual Silicon Valley CodeCamp, and also at Lean Startup Machine, for the developer communities.
- Becoming more involved in the startup community as a “UX Advisor” at the Citrix Startup Accelerator. We’ll formally rollout a design-driven program in 2013, but started with a few engagements including a successful “UX Cafe” event, featuring Citrix designers and Chris Pacione of LUMA.
- Led a very successful sponsorship of CCA’s first year dMBA Innovation Studio fall course, whereby Citrix provided funds and mentors to a set of student teams tackling the challenge of “work and play from anywhere”.
- Coordinated the premiere Bay Area screening of “Design & Thinking” documentary film at Citrix, where ticket proceeds went to support LLS (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society) for a truly great cause!
- Worked on some fascinating futuristic UI concepts: one for an executive Think Tank forum around the “Future of Work” for the mobile work style, and another on multimodal cross-device interactions for Citrix Labs. Some cool visionary thinking may proliferate into product roadmaps…
- Started drafting my book on reflections & perspectives as a Silicon Valley designer. Hope to publish sometime in 2013. Please stay tuned…